Beer and Cheese recently pointed out to me that Hall of the Revels has been stagnant for quite some time. Indeed it has. I've been lucky enough to travel with my family this summer in Paris (internet available beside the winos in the park), the south of France (no internet), and the cabin in Colorado (zilch). I also did a mini visit so San Francisco, which you can read about elsewhere. More on that soon.
The point is, there haven't been updates since my musing on graduation, in part because I didn't know where to start. I got this blog running originally to update my family on matters of state (i.e. college desicions). It then turned into...what, exactly? Musings on my life, on events at college, book reviews, TV gushings, movie recommendations, the occasional essay, studious avoidance of angst, rhapsodizing about my friends and parents and the things that made me lucky.
Now (in a little over two weeks) I'm moving to Chicago and starting afresh at a new job. Why not wipe the slate clean of confusing pseudonyms and start a new blog? So I have.
This could be read as a sequel, or a continuation. Or just another beginning. Hall of the Revels was named after a scene in the fifth book of The Lymond Choronicles by Dorothy Dunnett. It was a place where everyone was smart and witty when things went wrong they only went wrong for the better. The name of this new blog, as you'll see, is taken from my favorite George Smiley quote in Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy (to be found in the footer). In my new job, I might come off as rather foolish right off the bat. School doesn't prepare you for everything.
In Princeton, I learned above all how to be a BAMF instead of a rockstar. Now I'm embracing the gaps in my education at My Kind of Fool.
See you over at Part Two!
Nom de Plume
(now of http://mykindoffool.blogspot.com/)
No comments:
Post a Comment